Friday, September 26, 2008

Your support is irreplaceable

I want to take some space to thank everyone who has been writing me letters and sending cards since I have been here. You all have taken a very daunting experience for me and made my life so much happier. I am very happy to say that my refrigerator is too small to hold all the beautiful words of love and support that have been sent. Right now I am trying to find a more fun, more decorative way to hang and display all of these wonderful notes and I will keep you updated as I make some progress. My life has been so blessed because of all of you. I hope my little cameo in your life has put a smile on your face as your leading roles in my life have truly touched my soul. It is because of all of you that I am able to see this big beautiful world and be excited for each new day. Thank you just isn't enough for taking the time to show me you're thinking of me; in turn giving me the strength to live this awesome journey.

2 comments:

Mikey said...

One fun thing you can do with your letters and cards is make collages and put those up on your walls or doors. I've always been a fan of collages.

Anonymous said...

You could get a bulletin board and tack/staple all your cards & letters to that... But from your entry, it seems that you already have quite a lot (and you've only been there for a few months!), so maybe you'll need a really large, or multiple bulletin boards.

And if the corkboard is too boring (esp. given your grand imagination), you could always get a regular corkboard and cover it with a fun cloth or wrapping paper.

Another idea is to get a clothesline and hang all your letters and cards that way. You don't necessarily have to hang it clothesline-style (across the room or whatever), but you could attach the clothesline to the wall (both ends, like a string on the wall), and then hang up your stuff that way.

Wow, I'm more crafty than I thought... I'm a big fan of Real Simple and HGTV and other home makeover shows. =)