Monday, September 29, 2008

Numb to the touch

Since I have been here it has been wonderful summer weather! I have been wearing flip flops and summer shoes that are thin. This week the weather has started to take an ominous turn for the worse into fall weather. This includes long pants, sweaters, shoes requiring socks! So for the first time (sorry Dad, you might cringe at this) I wore lace up tennis shoes and socks while driving last night. I can never do this again! The bottoms of my shoes were so thick that I was unable to feel the amount of pressure I was putting on each of the pedals. I felt like I was learning how to drive a manual all over again. Not only that, it was dark and raining. I guess I will just have to find a happy medium for driving this van with real shoes...quite the dilemma.

3 comments:

Mikey said...

That would be like driving my car barefoot! I need my sneakers to feel my pedals!

Unknown said...

i totally hear ya - I have some heels where the angle of the shoe makes driving hard for some odd reason. I know keep a pair of flip flops in my car just in cases! :wink:

Unknown said...

Hey girl driving at night in the rain is never fun even if the vehicle is an automatic. You will be able to conquer this with experience, but I would practice during the day next time. Lol
Mom