Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs

I just blasted through this book. I am a girl and this is a true girl book. It is all about love and friendship and mentoring, etc. And of course if it doesn't make you cry just a little then it's no good! I would suggest it if you want to feel part of a little club for a while. I am so happy to live in the era I do with such wonderful technology that the people I care about never seem too far away. But I will say that reading this book made me feel like I had my own little friends here at my apartment, talking me through my loneliness or my frustration with teaching.

It has been a really long time since I have been able to just lose myself in a book and feel involved in the story that is happening. I know a book is really good for me when I start dreaming about the characters in the book. And when I miss the characters during the day when I am at work and I just can't wait to get home and open the book back up, smell the pages, and share some emotion. I wouldn't call reading so much an escape from real life, as the ability to embrace real life and real emotions without having to tell your secrets out loud. So yes, I have secrets - don't ask, because I won't tell. ;)

3 comments:

Mikey said...

The girl in me is interested, but the guy in me will stick to his Hardy Boy books, thank you very much.

Unknown said...

:huge grin:
sounds like a good one!
HUGS

Unknown said...

I wish I could sit and read for an uninterrupted amount of time, but alas life gets in the way. I will have to try and pick up a copy of this those so I can belong to the club.
I love you
Mom