Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Evil stalker kitty

For about a week now, there has been this kitten, evil, evil kitten that tries to eat me. It is an orange rabid death kitten and I don't think it belongs to anyone. There is a normal size cat that I have seen around my building since I moved in. This cat is friendly and definitely belongs to my neighbors on the second floor. BUT, suddenly this new kitten appears and only knows how to jump out from seemingly nowhere and hiss scathingly at me. This happens at least twice a day, everyday and is especially scary at night.

I have been frightened for my life since I met this kitten on the stairs for the first time, but "Why?" do you ask do I finally feel the need to blog about it? Well tonight we played chicken. I was coming up the stairs on my way home and this time I caught the kitten off-guard. Usually the kitten and I are on the same landing when it hisses and runs with rocket speed down the stairs and hops into the garden behind my building. When we are on the same landing, I can quickly jump up the first few steps of the next flight and the kitten has a clear escape route. Tonight, the kitten had the higher ground and I sincerely thought my life was about to end. The kitten was standing in the middle of the second floor landing and I was making my way up the stairs. Death kitty hissed and all the hairs on its back stood up razor sharp! I stalled in absolute terror, and then began to make my way back down the stairs slowly so as not to provoke the cat to jump on my head and kill me.

We were in a bit of a stalemate for a minute or so (which is a crazy long time to wait when you are in fear of your own existence!). I decided that if I made a sudden movement the kitty would be prompted to run down the stairs and into the garden in the normal fashion. No, instead this caused the Death kitty to run UP the stairs - exactly where I needed to go! So I had to just wait with bated breath until the kitty ran down, the reason still unknown to me. As soon as it ran past, I booked it up the stairs and got into my apartment as quickly as possible. This evil kitty wants me dead. I may have to rethink my life some. Becoming a recluse of such grandeur as Emily Dickinson might just be in order....

....so much to ponder.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dickenson? nah - choose Beatrix Potter b/c she got to live in england in the lake district - much nicer! :huge grin:
sorry - just watched Miss Potter last week and it was such a great story - I thought Hollywood did a good job with it. I learned a ton!
as for the death kitty - curse it with harry potter and you should be fine :-)

Anonymous said...

how cliche...cat blogging

emmy. said...

is this cat rabid or what?????

call animal control (if they have that in japan?)!

i mean, c'mon, you're not that threatening..

Unknown said...

I know you are not a huge animal fan, but come on a kitten. Ask your neighbors if they are willing to take on another of God's creatures. If not, begin leaving a little food in the garden once a day in a small bowl and see if he will become your friend. Oh by the way we adopted the stray cat that appeared during your party because it was not leaving and I was tired of explaining to it why we were not feeding it. So now we are. I love you. mom

Mikey said...

I think that you should take matters into your own hands and punt the cat. But that would be taking matters into your own feet, now, wouldn't it?