Tuesday, March 10, 2009

How ya'll doin'?

I just spent the best 40 minutes I have ever spent in school. I was teaching Hiromi how to make an origami Christmas tree. (Yes, I made one during the holidays and she saw it today and wanted to learn.) And in the process, taught her some very bad English. I put on a horribly fake southern accent and taught her how to drop her Gs and twang it up. Listening to her try and speak with the same twangy accent was more than hilarious. We just laughed as hard as we could and kept making Christmas trees. Hiromi's first attempt was a little...special, so I made a huge piece of origami and we went at it again. Her second attempt was much better.

Sadly Hiromi, along with many other teachers, will be leaving Sanwa in April. As of right now, I cannot imagine Sanwa without these wonderful people in my life. I hope we can still see each other.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to learn how to make origami Christmas trees!

Mikey said...

Dude, I so want to make a tree! You should definitely hold a mini class for those who aspire to make sweet origami Christmas trees, like Theresa and me!

Unknown said...

Orgami Christmas trees sound fun, I want to learn also. I also want to encourage both you and the teachers that are leaving, to stay in touch and continue to visit with eacht other when possible. It might also be exciting to meet new people - you never what is around the corner.