Friday, August 22, 2008

huh

What do you write about when all the thoughts from your head are gone? I think I have checked Facebook about 5000 times today. I have read about 20 articles in the Washington Post online. I know more about the odor of skin cancer now and the IOC's refusal to launch an investigation into the actual ages of the female Chinese gymnasts. I read about McCain's 7 houses and just gained further contempt for the manner in which political races are petty and media driven. I have read again all of my own blog posts and the comments many of you have left. I took a walk today to the post office and the lady told me I need to be more careful about writing on only half of the postcard; and then she proceeded to charge me an extra 0.40 cents because I had gone over the invisible line. I watched the kyudo (archery) practice this morning where the students wanted to know how to say things in English like armpit hair. I have thought about missing Bentley and wishing I were back there every other minute since about 10:00am. I checked the exchange rate between the yen and the dollar. I have researched flights from Japan to Malaysia, Laos, Taiwan, Manila, Australia, Hong Kong and have been shocked by the expense. I have read some of my new book, which will remain unnamed until I am finished. I have thought more about coming home vs. staying in Japan for Christmas - no decision. I have desperately wanted to make phone calls, but know that I cannot. I wanted to buy a new book online, and then I wanted to buy a Zune, and then I decided not to. As the sky is getting dark and I am still at school I just wanted a brain dump. I wanted to ramble and you poor people are the subject of my mental attack. Have a nice weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you miss home. If you need that USA contact to allow you to enjoy your time in Japan, is Skype (even video Skype) a possibility?

I have Lingo VOIP here, and Japan is cheap, a few cents a minute. I was in Japan for a year pre-computer and had to reconcile myself to the knowledge that a phone call home was $50...

Be well...

DMGabel@CentaurDesign.net

Unknown said...

hey girlie!
I have often wished I had a pensive. Or that even such a thing existed. I'm convinced that I would be less stressed ALL THE TIME if I had one. I seriously wish someone would invent one. and while that magical inventor is working, I would also like to request zupe-zupes be created and installed near everyone I love and care about. zupe-zupe is from Stargate SG-1. I think they are actually called teleporters or something close. But I call then zupe-zupes because they zupe people from one place to the other instantaneously. Wouldn't that be wonderful?
:sigh: I sometimes think I was born too late, that I am a renaissance person who should have lived abt 100 yrs ago. But then I have this crazy imagination that wants pensives and zupe-zupes, which tells me I am too early in the Human race for technology.
:grin: what's a girl to do? :wink:

huge hugs babe - I feel for ya!

Mikey said...

I wish I had that kind of free time. Alas, school is back in session. Well, at least school is getting me closer and closer to teleporter technology. Don't worry folks, I'll get to it eventually.

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading your blog and then of course the perspectives of those also reading. The males want to "fix" the dilema and admirably so. The females let you vent and figure if they can creatively get you over the hump then they have been successful. As the mom I am torn between each of these responses so I will try to meet in the middle. Find something interesting to do by way of exploring the community. Walk all day if you have to. Try to smile and converse with someone. Tell them your story. Meet someone new. Think creatively about doing something for someone else. Go to a store or a library and research a topic of interest. But...there are days when you want to wallow or mellow just because you can. Watch a sappy movie or listen to music while practicing your kanji. I don't know how much this helps or hurts but I hope it helped immensely and hurt minimally. I love you.