Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling

Crazy quick read - it only took about an hour. However, it was still fun and a nice little throw back to the Harry Potter series. I think J.K. Rowling is incredibly creative and has created a world much akin to The Wizard of Oz in my mind. Now, I love the Harry Potters books, but they will never replace the Wizard of Oz for me. However, the world of Harry Potter is so rich that anything written on the subject (by J.K. Rowling, of course) immediately sucks me in. If you're a Harry Potter fan, it is worth an hour of your time. If not, that's cool, but let me have my fantasy!

2 comments:

Leah J. said...

Loved. It. I, Leah Jones, am a Harry Potter freak. Dan doesn't like it. He's just jealous of the amount of time I spend with Harry.

Back to the point: I love fairytales of all varieties, and especially love reading the original Brothers Grimm/Hans Christian Anderson versions compared to the Disney versions. To be able to read the HP crew's fairytales from their childhoods was a real treat.

Mikey said...

It made me feel a little more connected to the world of Harry Potter, like when I had my first jelly bean from Bertie Bott's, or when I practiced spells with my candy-dispensing wand. I agree; it's a really good read.