Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I think I like change now

I need to revitalize my blog. I am getting bored, so I am hoping that a face lift will give it a boost. As much as I enjoy all the color that I had going on, I have to be honest, I am more of a classic, sharp lines, clean-look kind of blogger. So the look and feel of my blog may be changing over the next few days, so please be patient with me.

In six months, I have gone from hating and dreading change to feeling bored and restless without it. I really like when things are a little bit difficult and the answers don't come easily. Of course I am worried about moving back to The States with no job, but I am kind of looking forward to putting myself out there and looking for a job in full force. In such a short time I have made a lot of personal changes already. I don't know if that is part of just being an adult or if it is moving abroad and living alone. I think it is probably a combination of both, but I am excited about the person I am becoming and proud of the person from who I am growing.

Somethings I have realized about my personality that I know to be different from when I was younger: I am a very flexible person. I don't mind changing plans or going a bit out of my way to accommodate someone else. I am not judgemental. That is a bold statement, but it is one that I sincerely believe to be true. I can and will accept anyone and the decisions they make for their own life. Of course I have guiding morals and values for my own life, however those do not always align with others and if I expect them to accept my ideas, I have to accept theirs. Through this I have become more open and inviting to all people. Not a lot gets me stressed or upset. Generally speaking, I am easy-going and able to adapt to new situations. Sometimes however, I do have trouble integrating all aspects of my life into one reality - I like to compartmentalize; I'm still working on that. I am incredibly intuitive when it comes to people, their words and their actions. I believe this makes me a good friend. I admired those people who are more skilled and more talented than me. There is no one that can be the best and worst at everything, so that gives me hope that I can always learn something new and often have the opportunity to teach someone else.

Really understanding what change means in my life has brought me to this current state of mind. I can now close my eyes and jump with the confidence that even if no one is around, I can catch myself.

2 comments:

Mikey said...

Glad you're making changes to the blog's look! I'm also glad you are embracing change and becoming more open to new and different things. I can't wait for you to come home and see how the new you can bring exciting changes to your life here in the states!

Unknown said...

Mike is right, we are all waiting for you to come home and add spice, fun and change into our life. You are a beautiful woman who has much love in her life.