Tuesday, December 30, 2008

She comes from the West

Happy wonderful joy, Gabby just arrived on Tuesday! My commute to the airport was easy enough, but definitely long. After she walked through the doors to where I could meet her it was almost surreal. The time has absolutely flown since I have been here, but now that someone from home has shown up in my East Asian life I can see how much time really has passed and how much time really is left. It's not sad, just a bit of a reality check I think.

I have a jam-packed couple weeks planned for us. She is going to be in shock and have a heavy dose of sensory overload, but I want to show her what my life is here. I am proud of what I am doing and proud of the life I have built here, and it is fun to show someone first hand. Not to mention I tend to have a lot of fun with Gabby, so we could probably be anywhere in the world and enjoy each others company. I am truly thankful she is here, for many reasons.

I will be posting pictures of her visit, so check it out!!!!

4 comments:

kait said...

Have so much fun! It's always so fun to have visitors even at school, so I'm sure it's incredible to have an international visitor! Enjoy, and sensory overload can be good! xox

Unknown said...

we had a wonderful time playing Rock Band with you and Gabby. I just wish you had been able to sing for us. Enjoy your friend and show her what Japan is like for the non-tourists.

Mikey said...

Stupid Gabby, making me jealous that she is there and I am not. Stupid, awesome Gabby, getting to hang out with you while I can't. Stupid, awesome, fun Gabby, being so stupid, awesome, and fun that I can't really be mad or jealous because she's so awesome and fun but not really stupid.

Unknown said...

YAY! Gabby! woohoo! and you're right - she makes EVERYTHING fun! :grin: have the best time girlies and give each other a HUGE HUG for me!!!