Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Love as a Foreign Language - Vol. 2 by J. Torres and Eric Kim

I just finished the second installment of this comic series and I am really enjoying it. The character is struggling with his desire to be back home and his new found energy and motivation to stay in Korea and keep teaching English. The job is frustrating, but he wonders if that is reason enough to leave his new life and go back to the old one. I really like the mirror effect this series has for me. In the dialogue I can see my own situation somewhat and it helps to have that reflected back. There was an unexpected twist at the end of this book, and now I am on the edge of my seat for the third!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is cool to be given the opportunity to get advice from a totally objective source. There is no agenda from a comic story just a new perspective.

Mikey said...

Quite interesting that there is a comic book that is so similar to what you are going through right now. It makes me interested to see what happens as it mirrors your situation so closely!