Monday, April 20, 2009

Busy week, no more time to be sick

I am slowly starting to kick this sickness, which is good because I have a pretty busy week coming up. I have both English clubs this week on Monday and Tuesday, dinner plans on Wednesday, and my own Japanese class on Friday. This weekend I am going shopping with Chika (mostly just to hang out and enjoy looking at summer clothes) and then next week is only a two day week before I am off to CHINA for two weeks! But my To Do list needs to be complete before next Wednesday, so I gotta get in gear.

With all the excitement and bustling that has been happening, the days have been moving right along in their warp-speed kind of way and only when I actually look at a calendar, do I realize how little time I have left. Recently I have been talking to my Mom about eventually leaving Japan and what a huge transition that is going to be for me. Now legit, I am doing so much better with the idea/occurrence of change. That doesn't mean that my life here is unimportant. I have learned that being able to deal with change and being sad to see a chapter in your life close are two different things. I will be very sad to see this year of my life come to an end, but I am ready to move back home. Some advice I got from Mom (modified to be universal), "Write down all the reasons why you made the decision to transition, now. Then when you are in the thick of sadness and emotional time of moving onto the next thing, you can look at your list and be reassured you made the right decision for you, even if it is hard."

I will be starting to reflect a lot more as the weeks slip by. I cannot be more thankful for this year and the people who encouraged me and threw me on that airplane to get here in the first place.

3 comments:

Lauren Parker Lasater said...

I know this comment won't help but GAAWWWD I'm going to miss you!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for CHINA!!! :)

Mikey said...

So much change coming, and sometimes I feel like I don't have enough time to prepare. Glad you're getting better, and I'll miss you a lot when you go off to China!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your trip to China and tell Uncle Time hello. I am glad you are learning how to handle the challenging times of your life. I love you.