Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger

And on the coat tails of a 150 page book that took me weeks, I read a 300 page book in 4 days. This was just a fun, mindless read. Three friends living in New York City make a pact to change their lives. Lauren Weisberger is the same woman who wrote The Devil Wears Prada. Essentially it is a flitty romantic comedy written to make you feel excited and sexy.

Every little girl wishes for friends as they are portrayed in this book - successful, rich, independent, living in the big city, honest, and with plenty of boyfriends and love to go around. This is one of the greatest reasons I read books, because I want to (just for a moment) lose myself in someone else's story of perfect romance and love or big city living and spending. A quick read, lots of fun, pretty witty if you just need to free your mind.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

this sounds right up my alley for the dead of the cold COLD winter of NE. i just want to get out! at least my mind will be able to even if my body is stuck on a couch under a mound of blankets :grin:
ps - devil wears prada - we both know how that went since i had just left that fugly job behind. still, good writer to convey such emotions thru a girlie quick read!

Unknown said...

I loved this book - In fact I think I may have recommended it...might be time for a re-read!

Mikey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mikey said...

I can see how this particular side of you would gravitate to stories like this. From a guy's point of view, it's always fun to imagine living the life of a playboy. To have money, power, women, and being in an endless pursuit of the next source of pleasure is something we all think about from time to time. Luckily, I can just watch NPH every Monday night on How I Met Your Mother to get my fix!