Thursday, November 6, 2008

I have overcome the password giant (with a little help from my friends)

Thank you to everyone who has been so helpful in giving advice and ideas regarding my little "computer problem." As you know, I (like a goof) reset the password on my computer and then proceeded to completely forget what word I typed in, thus locking myself out of my computer.

I know many of you have been frustrated that I have been absent from blogging and just regular chatting for nearly a month now. But huzzah! I am back! I could not have done this without the help and support of other people researching and giving suggestions. This whole experience has made me feel a little inept at using computers though, so I am just trying to recover from that currently. I am just so lucky that Mikey was able to send me a working copy of a log in recovery program. I had already tried this program, but I was unsuccessful in properly burning the CD to boot my computer in an alternate fashion. Luckily his copy was perfect and worked like a charm.

After all this time I can still laugh at my faux paux. Even more so now that I have learned what my password was. Turns out in my feverish packing and readying for Osaka and Kyoto I typed in the words, forget it. And it seems I did just that; I forgot it and was without my personal documents or a DVD player for a month. I will tell you, never again will I forget a password; I will take every precaution to be sure of that! Thank you again, and I am so happy to be back.

So check out all my blogs and pictures that are recently updated, but are experiences that have been acquired over the past month!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha that is soooo funny and ironic that your password is forget it and you actually did just forget it!! we def hav more n common than one can see on the surface , bc i would def be the first one or the second, to you, to do something like that!

Mikey said...

Looks like I'll be sending Ariana one of those cd's too, just in case...