Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The magic word is not please

In fact, I don't know what the magic word is at all. I probably made the goofiest mistake I have ever made. I am sorry that I have been completely out of touch for the past two weeks. Believe me there has been plenty happening; I think I have six new entries that illustrate that. I legit forgot my password to log-in to my computer. This is just proof of my slowly decreasing attention span in my "old" age. So really because I am young, I have NO EXCUSE for this mistake; but of course I will try anyway.

Firstly, my computer is paranoid and makes me change my log-in password once a month! How lame! When I was at Bentley, I would have to change my password once per school year. That is much more reasonable, but when I had to take my computer off the Bentley network, my computer had a freak out and decided that it was necessary to make me change the password all the time. I cannot figure out how to turn off this setting, I have tried. The closest I have gotten is that the screen saver is no longer password protected.

When the computer prompted me, I was getting ready for my long weekend in Osaka and Kyoto with my friend Lauren. Needless to say, I was in the middle of packing and doing laundry when the prompt popped up. I hurriedly changed my password and subsequently forgot about what I had done. Before I left the house I thought it would be a good idea to turn the computer off - had I left it on, this problem never would have happened. This is what I get for trying to save energy!

So, I am still trying to work out how to break into the steel fortress that is my computer. I have gotten some ideas and I am still experimenting and trying to make these suggestions work. I will keep you posted on my progress. I have only just had the time to sit and write a blog while at school. They have been keeping me so busy, which is nice - but many of you thought I had dropped off the planet, sorry about that! I will make updates as I can from school and soon I should be able to start making them from home. Talk soon!

4 comments:

Mikey said...

Yup. We are definitely working on it. Hopefully you'll be back soonish.

Unknown said...

YAY! she's alive! thank goodness! :grin:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!! It is good to hear from you even if it is just about your computer woes. I miss your voice both in sound and on paper. I hope you and your computer guru fix your issues soon. I love you.

Anonymous said...

You're back on the interweb! :)