Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fluffr Nutter - with xtra nutz

I have nothing to write about, but I am happy. I am embracing everything that is me and just really enjoying smiling. I am happy and giddy and excited about the weeks ahead. My friends are incredible and that makes me happy. I feel so proud to know the people in my life for their numerous inspiring accomplishments and goals for the future. And these spectacular people embrace me - exactly as I am - even when I can't find the energy.

But not today. Today I am beside myself with smiles, despite the rain. Happiness is incredible because it makes all my senses come alive. Colors are brighter and food tastes better. I can hear crickets and frogs and birds chirping through the pounding of the rain. The textures of every day objects (my keyboard, keys, book, pillow...) feel sharper and softer, and warmer. I can smell the fresh miso soup being made from the home economics room across the school and the light aroma of rice steaming.

When I try to think today and nail down my happiness to find its source, I can only think in smiles and all-consuming warmth. I can hardly sing for smiling so much, but the sound of music catapults me even further. Everything is bliss.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

having a day when the enjoyment of living is palpable, is a rare occurence. Embrace it, remember it, and savor its fullness. On a day in the not too distant future, you will look back on this day and it will spring forth with a new freshness that lifts even the darkest clouds that might linger over the winds of change. I love you!!

Lauren Parker Lasater said...

OH girl. =D It is these days that we must cheerish forever and when we are having a bad one these are the days we must reflect on knowing that there will be other days just like these. I LOVE U!